Coach and Trainer, specializing in Agile, Lean, technical software practices and human behaviour.
Mike is a coach and trainer who helps teams, and their management, improve the way they work. He’s been writing code for forty years and has been an active member of the Agile community for twenty-five. He blends his strong technical background with a deep understanding of Agile and Lean methods to help organizations consistently improve how they deliver value to their customers.
Recognizing that all software is written and maintained by people, Mike also has a keen interest in human behaviour, psychology, and applied neuroscience; understanding how people work, both individually and in teams.
Mike is based in Canada and has travelled around the world, provide training classes, coaching and facilitation services to his clients. Today, preference is being given to coaching that can be done remotely.
In addition to consulting, Mike is a popular trainer. He is a Professional Kanban Trainer (PKT) through ProKanban.org and for many years was a Registered Education Provider (REP) for the Scrum Alliance. He teaches a wide variety of other customized classes for his clients.
Mike was a contributor to the following books and is also a popular speaker at conferences and events around the world.
- “Test-Driven Development: A Practical Guide” Author: Dave Astels, Published: 2003
- “Mob Programming” Authors: Woody Zuill & Kevin Meadows, Published: 2016
He is a supporter of open source software. Mike created HtmlUnit and maintained that for many years before handing that off to other maintainers. Today, he actively supports the JiraMetrics tool that extracts and reports on data in Jira.
Visit LinkedIn for recommendations and other details.
Mike is available to help your organization, wherever you’re located.
- Professional Kanban Trainer (PKT) from ProKanban.org
- Professional Kanban I (PK1) from ProKanban.org
- Professional Kanban II (PK2) from ProKanban.org
- Professional Agile Metrics I (PAM) from ProKanban.org
- Scaling with Portfolio Kanban (SPK) from ProKanban.org
- Registered Education Provider (REP) from Scrum Alliance
- Kanban Management Professional (KMP) from Kanban University
- Scaled Agile Framework® Agilist from Scaled Agile
- Certified Consulting Hypnotist from National Guild of Hypnotists
- Email: mbowler@GargoyleSoftware.com
- Cell: +1 (905) 409-7052
- Mastodon: @firstname.lastname@example.org
Where else does Mike post content?
- He writes about the intersection of unconscious behaviour and Agile at Unconscious Agile
- He writes about various Kanban topics at Improving Flow
- He writes about technical programming topics at Agile Technical Excellence
- He posts nature photos on Flickr